13 Dec Twelve Gift Ideas for Book Lovers
If you’re looking for gift ideas for a book lover this Christmas, look no further! Here’s a list of books I have loved. (Some were released this year, and some are oldies but goodies.)
- Sue Monk Kidd’s The Invention of Wings – I could not put this one down! Historical fiction centered around slavery in Charleston.
- Kelli Estes’s The Girl Who Wrote in Silk – historical fiction about a Chinese girl’s secrets. Fascinating. Page-turner. Loved it.
- Kristin Hannah’s The Nightingale – historical fiction in WWII. I have told everyone I’ve ever met to read this book. Believe me when I say it’s amazing.
- Fredrik Backman’s A Man Called Ove – an old man alienates and endears his neighbors. I still can’t believe how much I liked this one!
- Kristin Hannah’s Winter Garden – the story of sisters who learn about their mother’s past when they come together to care for their dying father.
- Jerry Sittser’s A Grace Disguised – perfect for someone who has faced a tragedy and needs a reminder of hope. I wept while reading it.
- Jessica Turner’s The Fringe Hours – for those busy moms who can’t find time for themselves. Super practical tips.
- Sarah Bessey’s Jesus Feminist – The subtitle says it all: Exploring God’s Radical Notion That Women Are People, Too. (Yes, and amen.)
- Leeana Tankersley’s Brazen – encourages women to step out of shame into who they were created to be. Challenging and convicting.
- Christa Black Gifford’s Heart Made Whole – explores how the death of her infant daughter taught her about the true Healer.
If you’re looking for other gift ideas for readers, check these out:
- Handmade leather journal – my husband bought me one of these and I love it!
- Bookmark clips – these are practical and adorable. If you know someone who hates dog-earing their pages, buy them some of these!
Disclosure: affiliate links are used in this post.