13 Dec 30 Reasons I’m a Really Bad Mom
I tell myself I’m a really bad mom because:
- I don’t make homemade bread for my children’s lunches.
- I didn’t deliver my children naturally or without drugs.
- I don’t feed them only organic food.
- I don’t use only natural cleaning products in our home.
- I let them watch TV so I can have a moment’s peace.
- When they ask if they can have a silly string fight, I say no because I don’t want to clean up the mess.
- When they ask if they can have ice cream after school and before supper, I say yes because I’m too tired to care.
- I don’t force them to make their beds every morning.
- I make them wear the same pants two days in a row because I forget to turn on the dryer sometimes.
- I sit on the couch and ask them to bring me a drink.
- I forget to move the stupid elf.
- I make them clean their own toilets.
- I don’t give them an allowance.
- I don’t check their homework unless they ask for help.
- I only breastfed 50% of them.
- I let them sleep on their bellies as babies.
- I let my son stay up past his bedtime to watch football games.
- I yell at my daughter for leaving her wet towel on the floor. Again.
- I only let Santa bring 4 gifts for them each year (want, need, wear, read).
- I told Santa he cannot bring them a phone.
- I told my crying child at a sports practice to suck it up or we were going home.
- I told one child not to tell the other child we went out to eat without her.
- I will let laundry sit in a child’s room for weeks without putting it away because he has arms and I’ll wash it but won’t it put away and I have bigger fish to fry.
- I don’t buy them name brand clothes for the sake of having name brand clothes.
- I don’t feel guilty for going out of town without them.
- I forget to send school party items I sign up to send in.
- I tell them to fix their own cereal and turn on cartoons and let me sleep in on Saturday mornings.
- I don’t make Pinterest-worthy presents for their teachers.
- I say no a lot more than I say yes.
- I use the old mom line, “Because I said so. That’s why.”
But today I’m reminding myself I’m a pretty good mom simply because:
- I love them.
What did I leave out? What would you add?